Tuesday 23 July 2013

Fat Quarterly Retreat recap

Fat Quarterly Retreat 2013

I am home and have now recovered from Fat Quarterly Retreat!!  What a great way to visit with people I met last year, hang with the guild girls and fellow bee peeps, and to meet new people and some of the quilting bloggers I follow!  The weekend was a mix of learning, swapping, eating, sewing, drinking and a lot of laughing! 

Moustache anyone?

I only have time to sum it up in one post so here goes:

WORKSHOPS & TABLETOPS

Embroidery with John, Hand quilting with Mandy, Mandy's hands, Flexi-frame pouch with Tacha, Rubber Stamps with Tacha and the chaos of the table at rubber stamps!  I also did some doodling with Trudi and I sat at Kerry's Fantasy Fabric Shop as well.     


SWAPS
Sample Swap - clutch, mini quilt and pincushion.  I gave Tea Wallets with a mug and a thumb pincushion.


Scrappy Trip Along Strip Swap and Ugly Fabric Swap.  No pictures of the FQ swap.


THANK YOU
Big thanks to Kris from Germany for yummy gummy worms, Krista from Canada for Canadian candy and chocolate, Di for these amazing linen fabrics (I love those doggies - looks just like my little dog Jax), Claudia from Germany for my apple zippy pouch and the homespun fabrics, Mary for the texty fabric for my typewriter block [not shown]. 

Thank you Kris, Krista, Di, Claudia and Mary

And a HUGE thank you to the sponsors for donating so much fun stuff!  
FQR 2013 Goodie Bag


RANDOM PICS
Oh yah.. me and Mr. Aurifil with my Mini Aurifil Spool wall hanging!

Lovely Lu and her hand stitched lovelies

May, Claudia and Kris


MEALS
-Thank you to Shevvy, Helen, Claudia, Lizzy, Nilya for meeting for dinner at Wagamama's on Thursday night. 
-Thank you to Amanda and Tammy for having yummy Pizza Express on Friday night after the trip out to The Village Haberdashery for a hot shopping trip!  Annie had delicious cupcakes there to keep my sugar levels up so I could shop and be happy!
-I had a delicious burger [no onions] at Byron Burger on Saturday night with Pennie, Kelly, Shevvy, Amanda, Cara, Ruth, Helen and Nathalie

That's all I have time for.  I hope to upload to Flickr soon!  Hope you enjoyed 2013 FQR! 

20 comments:

Francine said...

It was really GREAT meeting you - yours was the first friendly face I met and it set the tone for a fantastic retreat :)

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Ahh lucky you! Looks like you had a ball and fit SO much in! :)

Jo @ life in lists said...

It was fab to meet you! Especially since you were responsible for name tag AND sample swap goodness in my life :)

mumasu said...

Hi Amy, brilliant meeting you and hope to catch up at the guild meetings.

Sarah said...

So lovely to meet you at John's embroidery class Amy, even if it was brief. Feel like I bounced around like a pinball all weekend! Glad you had a great time.

Clare Mansell said...

Wow, that sounds amazing! I am definitely going next year. I have a long list of ambitions to fill now I'm back in the south east and I'm working through the first half this year!

Fabraholic said...

It was lovely meeting you too Amy, see you next year again!

DeborahGun said...

sounds wonderful - glad you had a great time :-)

Canadian Abroad said...

Loved seeing you again. One day I am going to run away from home and make it to a guild meeting.

Indianna said...

Great to meet you and thanks for organising the meal to Wagamama. It was helpful to meet others before the weekend.

pennydog said...

I wish I'd had a chance to speak to you more, I don't think you were in any of my classes!

Di said...

I saw you flirting with Mr A! Di x

QuiltCandy said...

Hey Amy so lovely to finally meet you! Wasn't it just the best weekend, so many happy memories, not to mention loads of unfinished projects and mountains of freebies and fabric - perfect!

Marit said...

Yeah, what a great weekend. It passed too quickly! Was fun to meet you:)

machen und tun said...

It was so great to meet you again, Amy, i can´t wait for the next time!! Until then: see you on the internet and thinking of you :-)
Claudia

Colette said...

Not jealous. At all. Honest! x x

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

What FUN!!!! Makes working in my little old studio look sooo quiet and tame. haha

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Fab times honey xxx

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sounds like an amazing time... it's just unfortunate that the retreat landed when we were on holiday. Oh well! I can hear all about it from the blogs :o)

Nathalie said...

I seem to remember "one milkshake no onions!" ;-)